HandBrake is a free and open source video converter with an impressive set of features. Supports most popular media formats, includes a wide range of presets for mobile devices.
- Drag and Drop option available,
- Preview function,
- Autosave settings,
- You can set filters for the audio track,
- Converts video files from DVD and Bluray discs,
- Built-in media player for content playback,
- PAL, NTSC, LPCM, Libdvdcss and MPEG Audio decryption,
- Handles MPEG, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MP3, AAC, FLAC, Vorbis, etc.
- Low system requirements,
- Distributed under the GPL v2 license,
- Fine-tuning video codec parameters,
- Supports multithreaded transcoding,
- Obtaining an output file with a high-quality picture,
- Use of free libraries libavformat and libavcodec,
- Compatible with Windows XP – 10, as well as Linux and Mac OS,
- There is a Portable version of the video converter that does not require installation, it runs from a USB flash drive.
- The software requires the Microsoft .net Framework to work correctly,
- Not multifunctional – it can only encode, crop or glue the video in it will not work,
- Shows itself as an effective encoder only for advanced users, it can be difficult for beginners to understand the interface and formats.