Kali Linux is an operating system based on Linux and Debian distributions. Contains a powerful set of tools designed for penetration testing and security auditing.
Features of Kali Linux
- Advanced password cracker,
- Access to encryption settings settings,
- Support for Raspberry Pi 1.0, 2.0 and other ARM devices,
- The presence of a VirtualBox virtual machine to run servers on Kali Linux,
- Allows you to boot from an installation USB flash drive or DVD,
- Automatic addition of repositories for updating and improving software,
- Output of detailed information about the performed checks in the form of Burp pentests,
- Integrated analyzer of local networks and Wi-Fi connections (Wireshark),
- A wide range of exploits and hacking utilities to intercept traffic and your digital data.
- Kali Linux uses a powerful custom kernel,
- A step-by-step instruction for learning Kali is available,
- Calculation of checksums of any files (working with hashes),
- The release is a continuation of the popular BackTrack platform,
- Adds only up-to-date trusted packages in repositories,
- Kali Linux has been called ‘hacker’s favorite’ because the OS contains many tweaks for specialists,
- Convenient and well-designed graphical interface (GNOME, Xfce, KDE),
- Backing up keys to restore access to encrypted data,
- You can work in a secure environment using several secure protocols.
- Not all utilities, scanners and services are in Russian,
- You can not add plugins and update third-party software,
- To work with the OS, it is recommended to have knowledge of Linux that exceeds the basic ones.