Linux Mint is a powerful, user-friendly and easy-to-manage Linux distribution with Cinnamon, MATE or Xfce GUI. The new release of the OS provides many useful applications and tools to solve everyday tasks and ensure a comfortable user experience.
Features of Linux Mint
- Optimized for the Internet,
- Integrated package manager Synaptic,
- Added visual effects for XFCE KDE windows and panels,
- You can select and install desktop environments,
- Increase the performance of the processor, video card and RAM,
- Allows you to download additional codecs and run third-party utilities,
- Tools for opening text and multimedia files of different formats,
- Support for most features from LMDE (Debian Edition), LXDE, GTK, GNU, Xubuntu, Kubuntu and Lubuntu,
- On the official website of the developer, the editors’ choice of Tessa, Tara, Sylvia, Sarah, Sonya, Rosa, Rafaela, Qiana, Rebecca, Petra, Tina, Erena, Lisa, Serena is available.
- High assembly launch speed,
- Fine-tuning screen parameters,
- Can be loaded in Live DVD/USB mode,
- Based on GNOME 2 and 3 shell versions,
- Compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit architecture,
- Open source, extensible functionality,
- Improved Nemo file manager and Fluxbox window manager,
- Access to the Russian-language community forum Linux Mint,
- Availability of training and reference materials for beginners,
- Use of stable and correctly working LTS packages,
- Low system requirements, works on any PC and laptop,
- Fixed errors and bugs from previous builds of Linux Mint 18.3, 18.2, 18.1, 17.3, 17.2, 17.1, etc.
- Some tools require professional knowledge.