Memtest86 is a program for testing computer RAM. It is launched using its own bootloader, so it can work even in cases where the system does not boot.
Features of MemTest86
- Includes nine tests,
- Run from the BIOS command line,
- Creating a boot disk or flash drive (USB, CD),
- Memtest86 displays memory frequency and timings,
- Ability to check RAM on a PC (x86 and x64 architectures),
- A tool for finding problems and identifying errors related to computer RAM,
- Regular Memtest updates from HCI Design & Passmark Software.
- Cache buffering feature,
- Intuitive interface,
- Has mouse support,
- Convenient control panel,
- Advanced testing algorithms,
- Quick creation of a bootable flash drive,
- Completion of memory testing with the ESC key,
- Increases the speed and reliability of the operating system,
- Step-by-step instructions and many useful articles on the official website,
- Displays the availability of memory, the number of RAM sticks and other information,
- The latest version of Memtest86 is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8 (32 bit, 64 bit).
- It is necessary to restart the computer to work with the software,
- The software received the English interface language,
- The process of testing all memory modules can last from 20 minutes to several hours.