Windows XP SP3 is one of the most popular operating system versions from Microsoft. Part of the Windows NT family, compared to its predecessors, offers a new user interface, improved multitasking and enhanced functionality.
Features of Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- Encryption of files and folders using the EFS method,
- Comfortable viewing of multimedia in different formats,
- Setting the resolution of the VGA display from 800×600 and higher,
- Productive work on single and multiprocessor PCs,
- Adaptation of the graphical interface to the rotation of the display,
- Lots of software installed by default,
- Compatible with most popular programs and services,
- System backup and recovery tools,
- Added new CLI command line interface (console cmd.exe),
- Remote access to files and folders between local network users,
- Installing the OS distribution from the bootloader or launching it via a virtual Live CD.
- Updated BIOS,
- Availability of an OEM license,
- Built-in net Framework,
- A complete guide for beginners,
- Using NT 5.2 kernel version,
- You can work without an activation key,
- Encrypted file system NTFS, FAT32,
- More than 95% of ATMs are based on WINXP,
- Work with old PC Pentium, Celeron, Athlon,
- Supports installation of patches and add-ons,
- Quick switching between windows of open programs,
- Russian language interface language, easy operation, does not require an activator,
- Connecting to a TV, controlling a computer or laptop via the remote control,
- You can install the 2017 update package (releases Zver rus and VL ru edition corporate with built-in WinRar and other software),
- Easy transition from previous versions 98, 2000, Server 2003, Linux, Fundamentals Legacy PCS, XP SP1, SP2 to SP3, taking into account the transfer of files and settings.
- Lack of technical support,
- The need to downgrade some software,
- Increased vulnerability to penetration by the Wannacry worm,
- The official website has stopped updating Windows XP Professional SP3 (x32, x64) since 2014.