Open Server contains a powerful package of server software components necessary for debugging or creating your sites. The software has a multilingual interface and can be run from a flash drive or CD/DVD. There is a convenient control system from the command line.
- Built-in graphics and text editor,
- Works as a server in local or global networks,
- Quick access to domains from the context menu,
- Mounting a virtual disk,
- Debugging scripts using different versions of PHP and DBMS modules,
- The latest version of Open Server integrates into the Windows system tray,
- A portable environment can be run from removable media,
- Displays the speed of connection to the Internet,
- Compatibility with browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera,
- A rich set of tools for creating websites,
- It is possible to work on a local/network/external IP address,
- SSL support without any additional settings,
- Contains Nginx, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Imagick and so on databases.
- Availability of FileZilla FTP server,
- Low system requirements,
- Creating a domain by creating a regular folder,
- There is a useful tab ‘my sites and local networks’,
- Integrated download manager,
- Simultaneous work with Denwer and Xampp,
- Support for Cyrillic domains,
- Server protection with login and password,
- Built-in HTTP, MySQL, PHP modules,
- A tool for arranging domain pointers,
- Quick start and stop of different scripts,
- Convenient desktop, customizable control panel,
- A large amount of reference information on the official website of the developer,
- Compatibility of the new version of Open Server with Windows XP and above.
- The process of creating a local server takes some time,
- You may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ package,
- Rare Open Server crashes when running on Win Vista (32 bit).