Pencil 2D Animation is a free application that contains tools for creating simple 2D animations. Supports work with raster and vector graphics, distributed freely with open source code.
- Customizable timeline,
- Built-in step-by-step wizard,
- Static background adjustment available,
- Management of keyboard shortcuts,
- Ability to add multiple layers,
- Support for various graphics tablets,
- A large number of filters and special effects,
- Saving vector and raster images in popular formats,
- Compatibility of the Pencil cartoon program with Windows 10, 8.1 and 8,
- Standard set of animation drawing tools: pencil, pen, brush, eraser, etc.
- Convenient timeline,
- Complete absence of viruses and ads,
- Keyframe focus function,
- Import video in AVI, MOV, WMV formats,
- The software is focused on creating animation in 2D,
- Availability of English and Russian interface languages,
- Simple control, hint system for beginners,
- There is a section with examples of using the graphics editor,
- There are versions of Pencil 2D for Windows, Mac OS and Linux (32, 64 bit),
- Ability to create sequential images in JPG and SVG,
- Auto-update software from the official website of the developer.
- Some menu items are in English,
- Rare crashes when saving raster graphics.