PuTTY is a professional tool for remote control of a computer using the Internet. You can connect and manage the terminal using secure protocols like SSH, Telnet, Rlogin and Raw. Experts recommend the use of the PuTTY client to programmers and system administrators, because not every beginner will be able to cope with the provided functionality without a certain level of knowledge.
Features of PuTTY
- Quick connection and control of a remote PC using the SSH protocol,
- Saving connection settings for greater convenience during subsequent activation,
- Support for SCP, SFTP protocols for file transfer,
- The presence of a built-in analogue of the Far file manager,
- Provides remote access to a Unix system using a telnet/ssh client,
- There are options for using proxies, port forwarding,
- While the file is being copied, the connection is protected.
- The latest version of PuTTY 0.70 quickly connects to the virtual server,
- The presence of a convenient command line, as well as the use of hot keys,
- A username and password are set for user security,
- Ability to generate RSA public key encryption algorithm,
- Support for ipv6 protocol for which terminal emulation is better protected,
- Ability to edit the source code for specialists,
- High speed and a very rich set of functions.
- Putty is a popular terminal emulator, but at the same time a difficult application for inexperienced users,
- The program may not work if the necessary serial port is closed,
- There is no full-fledged Russian version of the interface design.