Scratch is a free and easy-to-use program that allows you to create your own animations. Designed to teach primary and secondary school students the basics of programming and design.
- Creation of animation of objects and background,
- Convenient adjustment of the working area,
- Quick snapshot function from webcam,
- Duplicate items with one click,
- A large number of built-in tools,
- Adding different costumes and sounds for the character,
- Ability to share projects and components with other users,
- Building your own script with certain actions,
- Availability of ready-made scripts and behavior sprites in the Scratch Offline Editor program for PC.
- Customizable main window,
- Built-in graphic editor,
- Simple interface in Russian,
- It is possible to add several objects at once,
- Allows you to learn the basics of programming and design,
- Ability to create games, animations, interactive stories,
- The great functionality of Skratch is still being developed and expanded upon,
- The presence of bookmarks in your project for quick editing,
- Scratch version 1.4 is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows XP (and higher),
- The Scratch programming language is easy for beginners, and the development environment is adapted to moving objects with arrows and the mouse cursor.
- Some menu items and sound effects are not translated into Russian.