Scribus is a cross-platform application with powerful tools for visual layout of documents. Allows you to create various printed products, including: business cards, posters, booklets, brochures, magazines, newsletters, posters and so on. Supports high quality file printing function.
- CMYK and RGB support,
- Standard Drag and Drop option,
- Script automation function,
- Using the grid and guides,
- Lots of brushes and pencils for drawing,
- Embedding ICC profiles in PDF is available,
- Working with Opentype and Truetype encodings,
- Quick saving of custom templates,
- Availability of paragraph and character text styles,
- There is a Portable version of the utility that does not require installation,
- Check spelling and placement of correct hyphenation,
- Creation of replicated publishing products for corporate purposes,
- Built-in package of polygons, ellipses and other shapes for blanks,
- You can import and export MS Word, HTML, Palm, OpenOffice.org, Excel, Gimp, WPS Writer, PDF Reader, Adobe Indesign Quarkxpress, Illustrator, Photoshop, LibreOffice, etc. documentation.
- Customizable hotkeys,
- Simple trimming of the visible corners of the image,
- Using kerning when typing,
- Overlay an unlimited number of layers,
- Save to your own document format,
- Tab for viewing the drawing in printed form,
- Command line and toolbar,
- Ease of creating interactive text blocks,
- Has an open source code Public Open Source,
- Publication of typographic work in social networks,
- Fast moving, rotating, transforming, editing and formatting layouts,
- Compatibility of Scribus Desktop Publishing with Windows OS, Mac OS, Linux, Unix (x64, x86).
- High system requirements,
- The MacOS version of the utility has received more functionality,
- Quite a lengthy procedure for installing and running the software.