The main purpose of TrueCrypt is disk encryption. The utility contains all the necessary base, consisting of useful functions for full-fledged data encryption.
Features of TrueCrypt
- The ability to encrypt a virtual disk and its partitions,
- Full encryption of the contents of the storage device if removable media is connected,
- Optimization of TrueCrypt 7.1a with the new version of Windows 10,
- Supported encryption algorithms are Serpent, Twofish, and AES,
- Ability to change passwords without losing encrypted data,
- There is cascading encryption,
- Ensuring the security of the user’s file system, all the necessary data is securely protected,
- The encryption program provides a choice of three hash functions for generating encryption keys,
- The TrueCrypt Foundation developer gave users the opportunity to download the utility for free,
- The updated version of TrueCrypt includes automatic encryption of information.
- High-quality encryption of the information carrier,
- Support Windows system, perfect work with Windows 7,
- Applying passwords to encrypted disk partitions,
- The TrueCrypt utility uses the secure aes-256 protocol,
- User-friendly interface, as well as useful hot keys,
- TrueCrypt is a free utility available for download without registration, SMS confirmations and other types of authorization,
- It is impossible to access encrypted data without a password or key files,
- Hard disk monitoring and space optimization,
- You can create a virtual encrypted disk,
- Presence of two levels of plausible deniability for emergency openings of user passwords,
- The disk encryption process is performed in real time,
- The ability to create an encrypted dynamic file for storage media and the NTFS file system,
- True Crypt software is free and open source.
- The Russian language of the utility is not present in all its sections,
- TrueCrypt software development is progressing very slowly.