VMware Player is a powerful utility for creating and running multiple virtual machines on a single Windows computer in manual and automatic mode. Suitable for both ordinary users and system administrators.
Features of VMware Player
- Advanced tools for creating and running virtual machines,
- Emulation of operating systems with indication of hard disk space,
- The player helps to perform software testing,
- Fine-tuning devices and characteristics for virtual OS images,
- Software updates are available from the official website,
- Functionality for creating virtual machines,
- Support for USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 interfaces for Linux guest systems,
- The ability to exchange data between a computer and a virtual machine on VMware Workstation Player.
- Intuitive user interface,
- Convenient desktop controls,
- OS emulation from optical disk,
- Low system requirements,
- Free for non-commercial use with limited functionality,
- It is possible to allocate a certain number of cores and the amount of RAM for rent by a virtual machine,
- Limited access of guest operating systems to the hard drive of a personal computer and local network,
- The new version of VMware Player supports Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Win 10 (64 bit).
- English interface language,
- More advanced functionality in VMware Workstation Pro,
- There is no possibility to emulate Mac OS,
- VMware Player Free is not suitable for running multiple machines at the same time, desktop virtualization, mass deployment of virtual machine networks through it also cannot be done. For more serious tasks, a commercial VMware ESX product is required.